In a post a two weeks ago, I asked you to guess the theme, other than my home state, my “ABCs of Maine” poems shared. I’ve realized the hints I gave were way too subtle, so this is to help anyone who didn’t get it.
1. My two favorite Barbie dolls (and the only ones I would play with) were named Aaliyah and Jay.
2. Jake, my best friend in elementary school, gave me a suggestive Michael Jordan card for Valentine’s Day.
3. When I was eight, I sent Missy Elliot a letter. I thanked her for teaching me to appreciate flies. Seriously.
4. Addy was my American Girl (I got her and her sad bed for Christmas one year! And I know what you’re thinking — an American girl and her bed for the same Christmas?! That’s what happens when your parents let you sleep through your favorite part of Christmas day — Christmas dinner. You get a bowl of chocolate ice cream and an extra present to make up for it).
5. When I was four or five, the type of boy I told my family I liked best was “big, black, muscle-y men.”
Figure it out?